Advisory committee for medical research
Professor Ole Sejersted, University of Oslo
Professor Stener Kvinnsland, University of Bergen
Professor Gitte Moos Knudsen, Copenhagen University Hospital
Professor Ulf Smith, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg
Professor Carl-Henrik Heldin, Uppsala University
The committee has the following scope and mandate.
- It will advise the board on relevant criteria for selecting areas of medical research with which the foundation can engage.
- It will propose relevant research groups which can apply for grants from the foundation.
- It will assist in the overall assessment of applications received, and can draw on external specialist assessments to assist it in this work.
- On the basis of the above, it can make proposals to the foundation’s board on specific projects to be supported.
- It will also participate in assessing progress with research projects receiving support, and report back annually to the foundation’s board on this matter.